Immigrant Mask Makers of Western Mass
Protection steps include:
- We make affordable, high quality masks available and encourage everyone to wear them.
- We all work from home, minimizing our and our family's risk of COVID contact
- We do our work under sanitary conditions, washing hands frequently, wearing masks while we work, and wiping down sewing surfaces and tools regularly
- Fabric is washed in hot, soapy water; dried in a hot dryer; and ironed before use - this destroys any possible germs, and preshrinks the fabric so mask size remains consistent, insuring a good, protective fit.
- Masks are ironed at several stages of the construction process, further eliminating the possibility of any germs on the masks.
- Masks are packaged in a ziploc bag to maintain cleanliness and avoid any dampness until pick-up or during shipping
- Wash Before First Use and general daily washing instructions are included with each order
We are a group of immigrant women in western Massachusetts trying to make a living amidst COVID-19. We do not receive any government stimulus money, small business aid, unemployment benefits or other government assistance. Our venture is based on non-profit and fair trade principles. Our masks are made of high-quality, pre-shrunk, double-layer, 100% cotton quilters' fabric with a non-woven filter layer; washable, reusable, with durable but comfortable nose pieces and tightening beads; 4 fastener options, and are produced under sanitary conditions. All masks come with washing and use instructions, currently available in 15 languages.